Ola Bonitas & Bonitos!



Ola wine lovers and enthusiasts!!

To kick off the holiday season I have decided to concentrate on a warmer (than Ontario) climate region of the world. So lets learn about Spanish Wine. Over the next month or so, I am going to teach you about the different wine regions of Spain. I don't claim to know everything about wine, however, I am enthusiastic about all wine, so I will be learning and teaching alongside of you.

For starters, here are the wine regions of Spain, of which we will go deeper into as the weeks move on. Up above is a detailed map of the regions for you to peruse.

  • Ribero del Duero
  • Rioja
  • Jerez
  • ValdepeƱas
  • Navarra
  • Penedes
  • Rueda
  • Costers del Segres
  • La Mancha
  • Rias Baxas
  • Priorato
  • Somontano
  • Ribeiro
  • Valencia
Other info:
There are over 5,500 wineries
Area under vine: 1.2 million hectares
Production volume per annum: 33 million hectolitres

I hope to recommend one Spanish bottle for you to try per update, and I look forward to reading your comments.

The Wine Enthusiast